Compaq Presario F500 is a model released during windows xp and vista time so there are no support from the Hp site for this model. So, you may have problems with windows 7 where some drivers needed after the installation.
Co-processor driver will shown in device manager which you need to
install the chipset driver for this. The other main problem is graphic
and wireless driver. Do read the instruction carefully to install it.
Nvidia Nforce Chipset Driver
Version 5.53 A 21.73M Download
In device manager you will see you graphic detected as Standard VGA, so
to install the nvidia geforce driver first we need to download the
original vista drivers for you model.
NVIDIA GeForce Go 6100 VGA Driver .
File Name: sp35881.exe
Version 126.96.36.19915 A Download
1. Download and install the drivers, ignore if resulting in error.
2. Open device manager (click start and type DEVMGMT.MSC and press enter).
3. Look for Display adpater and click the > sign to expand it. You will see standard VGA listed.
4. Right click on standard VGA and select UPDATE DRIVER.
5. Select Browse my computer for driver software.
6. Click Browse and point C:/Swsetup/sp35881 and select NEXT.
7. Continue with on screen instruction and reboot after installation finish.
Alternatively, you can install directly using this driver: nvidia 186.10.
Windows automatically instal generic high definition audio driver for
this device , if it does not download the original vista drivers and
install using the same method to install the graphic driver. If still
not installed leave your comments so i can explain how to mod the
drivers before installation. So far there are no problems with the audio
(base on feedback from other users).
Conextant high definition audio driver
version 188.8.131.52A 3.57mb
Synaptics Touchpad Driver
If direct install failed.
1. right click on the SP37065 and select compatibility.
2. Tick "run this program in compatibility mode for " select windows vista.
3. Apply and OK, the right click again on SP37065 and select run as admin.
alternative touchpad driver download:
Windows 7 32-bit
Windows 7 64-bit
I look up on most F500 series specification, it is different with other
Hp product which it only use one wiereless for all series which is
broadcom wireless driver.
Broadcom 4321AG 802.11 a/b/g/draft-n WiFi Adapter
File name: sp44923.exe 19.75M Version 184.108.40.206