Compaq Presario V3616AU normally will be V3600, but i found that there are users said it was under v3500 series. Anyway most of the drivers here comaptible with V3XXX model so if you have any problems leave your comments.
There are two applicable graphic for this model, you need to choose base on your specs:
Compaq Presario V36116AU GRAPHIC DRIVER
1. Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family Video Driver
Download (driver form hp)
Download (driver form intel)
2. NVIDIA GeForce 8M Series GS Graphics/Video Driver
Compaq Presario V3616AU AUDIO DRIVER
Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) Bus Driver for High Definition Audio (sp33566)
restart after installation:
Then download and install the audio driver:
Conextant Auido driver
Installation will resulting in error, ignore the error, follow this instruction to install:
1. Click on Start and select Run. Now type DEVMGMT.MSC and press enter.
2. Right click on "Audio device on High Definition Audio Bus" and click Update driver.
3. Select "Install from a list or specific location".
4. Click Next. Then select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install".
5. Click Next and then select "Sound, video and game controller" from the list.
6. Click Next and then click Have Disk.
7. Click Browse C:\swsetup\sp35682 folder and select the wis30B2a.inf file and click open and Continue with the onscreen instructions.
Conexant HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP Driver
HP Wireless Assistant (optional):
HP Integrated Module with Bluetooth Wireless Technology Software
Ricoh 5-in-1 Card Reader Host Controller
Intel Storage Manager:
Choose base on your specs:
1. Broadcom Wireless LAN Driver
If you have Intel Wireless:
( install windows Installer 3.1 first)
2. Intel Pro Network Adapter Driver:
HP Quick Launch Buttons
Synaptics Touchpad Driver
If you have laser mouse mini:
HP laser Mouse Mini software Driver
Now this one bother me because normally V3XXX series only use Geforce go 7150 and similar, If we look to the 8M Series GS, it may refer to 3 graphics which is 8800GS, 8400GS and 8600GS. So i recommend this driver which support from all 7 series M to 8 Series M including 8M GS: